Vacation? What’s a Vacation?
Writers never go on vacation; not when the world is filled with experiences that inspire new thoughts, sensory adventures or new characters in future stories. Travel, vacations and community events provide food for writers’ souls and fingertips.
Be bold. Jump in. Even at home you’ll find adventures.
- Experience a new coffee shop or visit a different park.
- Walk down a new-to-you street or visit a new shop.
- Attend a theatre in the park or an open-air market.
- Try a new food you find in an ethnic market.
- Take a class in art, woodworking, drama, or bee keeping.
- Attend a parade, a milk carton boat race, or a fashion show for dogs.
- Join in a community event to help others.
When we step outside our comfort zone amazing things happen. We experience new things, and gain new insights. For writers, those adventures often turn up in their writing.