Day 30 of 84 Days of 84 Ribbons: Pointe Shoes
Try your skill with these trivia questions about pointe shoes. Some questions have more than one answer that is correct. (Answers will appear tomorrow.)
1. Pointe shoes are often made to a dancers specifications. True or False
2. Pointe shoes are made with:
a. plaster, cardboard and glue
b. canvas, satin and glue
c. all of the above
3. How long does a pair of pointe shoes last a professional dancer?
a. three weeks
b. three days
c. one performance
4. The manufacture of pointe shoes includes several machines designed especially for sewing vast numbers of shoes at one time. True or False
5. Who much does a pair of pointe shoes cost?
6. How much might a small ballet company spend on pointe shoes for one season of performances?
c. over $175,000.