What Do Author’s Do After They Finish a Book?
While I wait for my recently completed books to arrive, I often take a writing break and work on tasks I’ve let go while I was focused on my deadline. Things like:
- I wander around, wondering what to do with myself without pages to edit.
- I clean closets and drawers and sort through the papers and books that I may or may not need now that the book is completed.
- I enjoy lunch with my friends, make overdue phone calls, and scout out belated-and-need-to-be-mailed birthday gifts.
- I wonder what’s missing from my days. (It’s writing!)
- I start a new writing project. (It’s hard to not have something to write!)
- I go on a min-vacation.
You’ll find me doing all of these things over the next weeks as I get back to work on gathering reviews, planning events and hoping to hear from readers that Letter to Follow was worth their wait.