Day 55 of 84 Days of 84 Ribbons: Questions for YOU
Looking for your opinions. Select as many answers as apply to you. Please add your comments to this blog on the website.
1. If you went to a ballet performance, what type of ballet would you prefer:
a. classical story ballet like The Nutcracker or Sleeping Beauty
b. contemporary ballet ( Jewels, Prodigal Son, Fancy Free)
c. Balanchine ballets (Apollo, A Midsummer’s Night’s Dream)
2. Do women composers and choreographers create as successful lasting works as their male counterparts? Yes or No. Can you name any of the women?
3. Do you listen to classical ballet music on the radio or other device? Yes or No?
4. Which ballet music composers do you prefer to listen to if you listen to ballet music? (Select as many as you wish)
a. Tchaikovsky (Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Jewels*, Sleeping Beauty, Serenade )
b. Stravinsky (Firebird, Jewels,* The Rite of Spring, Petrouchka)
c. Prokofiev (Cinderella, Romeo & Juliet, Prodigal Son)
d. Copland (Rodeo, Billy the Kid)
e. contemporary composers like Leonard Bernstein (Fancy Free)
f. I don’t have a preference or I don’t listen to this type of music
* these men collaborated, creating 2 of the 3 parts of the score