Day 24 of 84 Days of 84 Ribbons : Trivia Answers
Here are the ballet definitions for yesterday’s ballet trivia of French terms:
1. adagio – a slow dance movement
2. divertissement – a short dance that is not an integral part of a long work: one of the character dances in the Nutcracker or Coppelia.
3. jete’ – a jump in the air where the dancer (1) brushes a foot out and changes weight to the extended leg or (2) jumps into the air, opening the legs wide before landing
4. port de bras – the prescribed positions of the arms while executing the basic five positions of the feet
5. demi-plie’ – a bending of the knees without lifting the heels
6. derriere – your behind (What a nice way to mention someone’s backside!)