What makes a good character? Here’s a starting list. Please send me your ideas so I can grow the list and re-share it with you.
* flawed with strengths and weaknesses, scars and oddities in their lives
* well-developed personality
* distinctive ‘voice’ (you often know which character is speaking without the ‘said’ tag)
* approachable yet filled with secrets
* has a story worth our time learning about as we read
* share both their inner and outer conflicts
* grow and change over the course of the story