8 Reasons to Read
The other day I had a drop-in book event at the Edmonds Bookshop. During quiet moments, I looked around, watching people browse the array of books this gem of a bookshop stocks. It made me wonder why they browse/select/buy/read certain genres. I made a quick list and came up with this random collection of generic ideas:
1. It’s fun, informative or both.
2. It takes you to worlds you’ might never visit otherwise.
3. You are led to see images in new ways.
4. It’s often relaxing.
5. It opens you to new perspectives.
6. You meet interesting story characters or pause to consider new thoughts.
7. It may challenge/change your thinking.
8. You support an important industry dedicated to informing and entertaining.
Your challenge: Decide what’s important to you. Add your ideas to mine. Send me your improved list. I’ll meld your ideas with mine and see what we get.