Writer-y and NaNo Books
I hope you took advantage of the back-to-school sales just ending. I always look forward to finding new pens and notebooks to refresh my writing times and help get me back into the writing groove.
Before NaNoWriMo begins (or as you settle back into fall writing), you might want to ‘shop’ the library and bookstores for books to inspire your writing. Here are a few:
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Pencil Dancing by Mari Meisser
- Elements of Style by Strunk and White
- Writing Tools: Strategeis for Every Writer by Roy Peter Clark
- The Artists’ Way by Julia Cameron
- Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
- Save the Cat Writes a Novel by Jessica Brady (first 1/2 for now)
- On Writing by Eudora Welty
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life by Twyla Tharp
And… for craft inspiration:
- The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman
- Story Engineering by Larry Brooks
- Wired for Story and/or Story Genius by Lisa Cron
- Structuring Your Novel: Basic Idea to Manuscript by Robert C. Meredith
If you have further book suggestions, please comment on the blog so others might see your ideas. Thanks!
Remember the NaNoWriMo Event in Edmonds on Oct. 15th
Join us on Tuesday, October 15th from 6:00-7:30 in the Plaza Room above the Edmonds Library.
- Get inspired
- Visit with fellow writers
- Learn about NaNoWriMo
- Collect a folder of NaNo information
- Find fellow writers for meet-ups to write together at a local library, living room, restaurant, coffee shop, etc.
- Enjoy a light snack